What you will need:
* 2 cups flour
* 1 cup butter, softened
* 1/2 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1 egg
* grated rind of one lemon
1. Sift flour and baking powder together in a small bowl.
2. Cream butter, add sugar slowly, mixing well.
3. Mix in egg and lemon rind.
4. Add flour/baking powder mixture, mix in well.
5. Shape into balls about the size of a golf ball, place on pan, flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass.
6. Bake at 300° for 15 to 20 minutes, just until a bit golden on the edges.
7. These last well if kept in a tightly covered container, and actually taste even better after a day or two as the flavors develop.
Um, I’ve never tried this recipe. I wrote it down on a cocktail napkin a few months ago when I was at the Cecil. Let me know how it turns out.