I had rather boring Monday. I didn’t wake up until 11am. Spent the first hour just surfing for news. I read my mail, electronic and otherwise. Then I got down to the nitty-gritty and began looking up local high-tech companies. I think I must have been weak from hunger because I neglected to write down a few of the companies which I found interesting. There are several companies that might fit the bill, but I am a long way from where I need to be. First, I need to find a project that might interest said company. This in itself is where I’m stuck. Second, I then need this company to want to fund my research. In these hard economic times, this is a tall order.

I ate lunch which consisted of left-over lobster and noodles. I then had to assemble some furniture for my mom. This only took an hour fortunately. I started my research again, only to have some slight panic set in on my progress. During my distress, I sent an e-mail to my thesis supervisor Dr. Croft, requesting a meeting. It is my hope she’ll calm me down and give me reassurance. Either that, or a thesis topic with funding. Ha ha ha… graduate humour.

After I calmed down, I remembered I still had to watch Run, Lola, Run before it had to go back to the store. I discovered there are two versions of Run, Lola, Run on DVD. One is widescreen with a Dolby Digital 5.1 track, and the other is pan and scan with only a Dolby Surround track. Guess which one I had. Yep. It was shame because the movie had a great soundtrack and my sub remained virtually silent the whole time. Nonetheless, it was a pretty good movie. I’m sure actress Franka Potente got a good workout during the filming.

After dinner, around 9pm I intended to return the DVD, with a pitstop at the local pho joint and also Safeway. Deciding to go eat pho first, I pull into the parking lot only to see the place dark and with a closed sign out front. What the hell was up with that? They usually close at 11pm or 12am.

Having my pho hopes dashed, I decided to return the DVD first and then I went to Safeway. On the way home, I stopped by my favourite Panago outlet and picked up some wings and a salad. The young woman behind the counter informed me that they no longer put cheese in their garden salads. This irked me, since the cheese was an integral part of the Panago garden salad.

I ate the wings and salad, and now I’m typing this. Yay, what a day. Now, you can be glad you don’t have my life. Thanks for reading.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *